Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thank you for your support!

Thank you so much for all the t-shirt orders and donations! So far, we have raised over $700, plus numerous donations of formula and diapers. We are so excited about the good we can do for this orphanage and the smiles that we will bring to the faces of these kids! If anyone is interested in finding out more information about the orphanages that we are raising money for, go to: http://www.kingdomvisioninternational.org/
There are numerous pictures of children on this website, and I have scanned each one, looking for pictures of my kids! I swear I found Sophie in one of them, but Kevin thinks I am delusional! :) (OK, on the homepage, look at the small picture to the far right. I think the third child from the left is Sophie - what do you think?
I know - I'm psycho!)
We should get our embassy approval any day now, then we will have about 2 weeks notice before we travel. I am so excited to finally get to meet our kids and find out what their little personalities are like. I worry constantly about them - they have been moved from their original orphanage in southern Ethiopia, to an orphanage in Addis Ababa, the capital city. They speak a different language than most of the people in Addis, so I worry that there is no one there to communicate with them and that we won't have anyone to translate for us when we go to pick them up! I hope that they understand what is happening to them and that they are as excited to meet us and we are to meet them!

So many of you have suggested great names for our little boy, but Kevin has not heard anything he likes better than Micah! We decided a long time ago that I get final say on the girl name and he gets final say on the boy name - so I think it's going to be Micah! (If you think of anything else in the next few weeks, he still could change his mind!)

No comments:

Post a Comment